Sunday 20 March 2011

Buttonholes for a Winter Wedding...


With our buttonholes I wanted to do something wintery and homemade. As our wedding is at my Dad's house, there won't be people there to organise everything for us on the day as there is in a hotel, so as much as we can get done prior is useful!
There are five things you need to make these button holes:

1 Fircone
1 Pheasant Feather
1 piece of gardening wire
1 piece of ribbon
1 hat pin

This is another eBay project so here's where I got each thing from

Fircones from http://shop.ebay.co.uk/ruep007/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686 we got a LOT of fircones from here as there will be a lot fircone bits and pieces I'm planning to make!

So, here's how I did it...

1. Take the fircone and wrap the stub wire around the lowest layer of the fircone a couple of times
2. Then wrap the wire around the bottom of the feather-I didn't use the full length of the feather, just wrapped it around half way up and cut the excess off
3. I carried on wrapping the wire around the bottom of the feather, then covered this with the purple ribbon
4. At the end of the ribbon, I folded back the last bit to avoid fraying, then stuck the pin in to secure

The stuff I bought above was enough to make 18 button holes, but if I bought more pins I could get 30-for the cost of about a fiver! Much cheaper than using a florist and something you can get out of the way well in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment