Saturday 19 March 2011

Pretty Name Tags

One of the first things we've done for our wedding is the names (we know who we want at our wedding!) I knew from the start I didn't want card name places. As a child I always used to save my name card from weddings, which made me think that I wanted something a bit more permenant.
I made these using wooden hearts and an ink stamp alphabet in a typewriter-esque font. I bought the wooden hearts from Dovecote Woodcraft on eBay  http://stores.ebay.co.uk/dovecotewoodcraft and the rubber stamps came unmounted from Card & Things on eBay http://stores.ebay.co.uk/cardsandthingsincstampoutpost. My other half mounted a "cushion" layer and sticker back onto the unmounted stamps and then stuck them on to some acrylic blocks.

I got an ink block from Hobbycraft in the bargain bin! 90p for the purple then sat in front of the telly stamping the hearts!

I'll thread the hearts on some ribbon-next decision is whether to then tie the ribbon around the napkins or hang them off the back of the chairs? Decisions, decisions!

No comments:

Post a Comment